top of page

Social Media Internship

Outdoor Recreation (hiking, boating, motorsports...), Creative work in Tourism, Travel & Hospitality (marketing, social media, website work...), Food & Beverage Services (restaurants, breweries...), Lodging (hotels, B&Bs, campgrounds...)
Business Name: Schooner American Eagle
Town, County: Rockland, ME, USA, Knox
Minumum Age: 16
What types of activites will the intern do:

Put your social media skills together with your love of the water in this amazing internship opportunity! Come aboard the Schooner American Eagle and share the magic of sailing around Penobscot Bay with the world.

For 3-6 days, you'll take photos & videos, creating social media content for various channels, and you'll work with the deck and galley crew as they complete the variety of tasks that get done on a windjammer. Here's how it breaks down: 75% of the time, you'll learn about how this business plans and presents social media content, the various challenges faced, take photos & videos, and create posts to promote the schooner, scenery, sailing, food, and so much more. The other 25% of the time, you'll learn the ins and outs of windjammer work, hauling on sails, working with guests, and helping the crew.

You'll be provided with a work phone for the duration of your internship, so there's no need to use your own (unless, of course, you want to)! We look forward to having you as a part of the crew!

When is it available: June, July, August, September
Is transportation provided: N/A
bottom of page